So moving on from a busy weekend we were straight off to set up the New Forest Show on Monday. We loaded up the car with ceramics, paints, fliers and a tent! Yes we decided to camp.... After long days working on a busy stall who needs a comfy bed and a good nights sleep after all?! 
Day 1: We began by stacking up the car with everything we could cram in, and when we say cram, we mean cram. Locked and loaded we headed off to the show full of excitement and anticipation. 
After missing our turn off, and the excitement slightly dwindled, we arrived over an hour later... not the twenty minute stroll we were expecting! Getting to the kids area at the show was fantastic though. It's huge and full of stalls from hot tubs to horses, arenas, art tents, beautiful gardens and delicious food. We set up the gazebo and unloaded everything we could before setting off to the campsite to put up the tent. Feeling very proud of our Girl Guiding backgrounds we headed back off to the barn to collect the final bits, then back to the show again to do the last bits of setting up and finally back to the tent 
Only slight problem, it was now dark and we had no idea where we had pitched our tent. After trawling round in the dark for what felt like forever we finally found it, set up our first class accommodation and went to brush our teeth, all ready for a good rest. Only thing was, we took the wrong path back to our tent. Once again we were circling around the dark, no idea where we were going or if we would find the tent. We trawled past caravans, tents, campervans and still no sign. By this point it was also cold and we were trying to decide who best to ring if you can’t find your tent, fire men would be good! Eventually back in our tent, day one done and dreams about firemen rescuing us all night long... 
Day 2: After a chilly night in the tent we set off early to the show. And what a fantastic day, beautiful sunshine and fun had by all. We were kept well entertained by the dance performances, Crazy M the clown, choirs and more. There were some truly beautiful ceramics painted and there was a lovely atmosphere. Its always great to see families just enjoying time out together and everyone getting creative! 
We wrapped up just after six and headed back to the tent. Loaded up with paint pallets to be washed we made our way down to the Dish Washing station, unfortunately we hadn't quite realised the how late it now was and we were running out of time to get there before the pub stopped serving food! After a long day there is nothing more important than pub grub! So after a quick debate about stashing the pallets in the bush, we headed to the pub with the pallets in hand. Not remotely embarrassing (!), still a lovely meal and then to bed. 
Day 3: More ceramics. More Crazy M the Clown, more choir singing and most importantly, more sunshine! Another lovely day and it was great to see some of our well known customers around the show too. Belinda was up to her usual antics, posing with a horse, very funny! 
Day 4: An earlier start to make sure we could pack away the tent before the show but we were up bright and early ready to go! One of the highlights of the day was heading to take part in the Welly Wanging World Record attempt. After much military style organisation, the welly wanging took place with both young and old taking part. A hilarious end to a fantastic week. After packing up our stand it was finally time to head home. We were really sad to be leaving the show but looking forward to being back in our own beds and all ready for the next happenings! A huge thank you to Aaron Lawford from Sullivan Lawford who let BellaCrafts join him in the fab kids section! 
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings